In-Home Senior Care Services
Helping Honor Your Loved One’s Wishes to Remain at Home
Do you live in the Greater St. Louis or Chicago area and find yourself worrying about an aging family member? It’s absolutely normal to be concerned about your parents, grandparents and loved ones as they age. Although growing older can allow for a relaxed lifestyle, it can also present new obstacles and challenges. Freedom from loneliness is crucial to mental health, particularly for seniors.
Our Caregivers are more than employees – they’re friends who provide conversation, entertainment and daily emotional support. To help you with these new challenges and concerns, Assistance Home Care provides a wide array of live in care and in-home senior care options in St. Louis and Chicago including:
- Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and support
- Encourage and assist with hobbies and personal interests (games, gardening, crafts, reading, etc.)
- Encourage exercise by going on walks and encouraging and participating in stimulating outing and activities
- Helping with correspondence to family and friends
- Assistance and supervision with ambulation and helping to prevent falls
- Dressing and grooming assistance
- Assistance with a safe bathing environment
- Providing hygiene assistance
- Assistance with feeding
- Reminder services (medications, dates, appointments, routines, etc.)
- Preparing and serving meals according to client’s dietary needs
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use, washing dishes after meals and mopping the floor
- Cleaning the client’s room, this includes dusting and vacuuming
- Taking care of personal laundry and bed linens for the client
- Making and changing the bed
- Home safety evaluation, recommendations and monitoring
- Physician appointment coordination
- Assistance with transportation and driving and/or accompanying the client to the physician, appointments, etc.
- Shopping and performing other household errands
- Transportation and escort to religious services, visit with friends across town or other social activities
Assistance Home Care was founded on the principle of providing the highest quality, dependable home care in St Louis & Chicago for those who wish to remain in their own homes and need some assistance. Our personal caregivers encircle your loved one with encouragement and security offering the opportunity to age and/or recuperate with dignity in their own home. Not only is Assistance Home Care quickly and easily available, we can be as flexible in meeting home care needs as a family wishes. Seniors, elderly, those with Alzheimer’s or other cognitive impairment as well as recovering senior surgical patients or those with special needs will be cared for by our highly qualified staff of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and Home Health Aides (HHA).
A free in home Needs Assessment is conducted to fully understand your needs. The result is a home care program tailored to the individual’s needs and wants. We believe in empowering our clients to live as independently as possible. To this end, we carefully assess the level of support needed to assist our clients, so our caregivers help when necessary, allowing our clients to be as independent as possible.
Seniors who remain in their own home with a nurturing, stable environment will continue to be more socially engaged, more physically active and achieve a greater state of well being. In selecting the best home care services for yourself or a loved one, it is the human element that is most important. Our agency works tirelessly to ensure the perfect fit between patient and home care professional. Just a phone call away, available day and night, Assistance Home Care will be there to meet your home care needs on a moment’s notice. Providing for you and your family’s safety and care is our main concern. Let Assistance Home Care support your family’s foundation.
Personal Care Needs
Committed to exceeding your expectations and building out the right care team for you to ensure you are comfortable in your own home!
Short Term Care
Ready to respond at a moment’s notice to create a short term care plan that fits your needs all with no minimums and no contracts!
When having a consistent and well trained Care Team who understands Dementia Care, Assistance Home Care is your choice!
Movement Disorder Care
With two dedicated Training Labs for our Care Team and our Training Team, you can rest assured that you will have the best trained team in St. Louis!
End Of Life Care
Nothing is more important to us than allowing someone to be at home!