ALS Care At Home
St. Louis & Chicago’s Trusted ALS Home Care Specialists
At Assistance Home Care, we understand that a condition like ALS can present significant challenges for individuals and their families. We believe that every person should have the opportunity to live a fulfilling life, despite these challenges. That’s why we’re committed to providing specialized care and support for individuals and families affected by ALS. We strive to understand their needs and work closely with them to create a care plan that promotes independence, dignity, and quality of life. Our team is dedicated to helping our clients and their families navigate the difficulties of living with ALS, and to be there for them every step of the way
We are proud to be a Gold Star Partner with the ALS Association, which showcases our investment in advanced and continuing education on the care of individuals with ALS and their families. We partner with the St. Louis ALS Association Chapter and our team completed training through the chapter’s Educational Institute, which gives us the ability to offer specialized services and care to persons with ALS.
Our commitment to families impacted by ALS includes creating customized care plans and schedules that meet the unique needs of our clients and exceed their expectations, providing specialized care for each client’s diagnosis with routine quality assurance visits. We also educate families on ALS care at home through our Training Team who have over 40 years of combined experience assisting individuals with Neurological and Movement Disorders and two dedicated Caregiver Training Labs.
- Hands on assistance with ambulation to prevent falls
- Safe utilization of assistive devices like walkers, canes, sara lifts or hoyer lifts
- Assistance with feeding and hydration in accordance with dietary regimens
- Providing hygiene assistance and incontinence care
- Preserving one’s self-image by supporting with both dressing and grooming tasks
- Assistance with a safe bathing environment
- Reminder services (medications, dates, appointments, routines, etc.)
Companionship & Meaningful Activities
- Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and emotional support
- Engaging in one’s interests or hobbies to support cognitive and emotional wellbeing
- Encouraging and promoting exercise, therapy regiments and tracking progress towards care plan goals
- Connecting clients to family and friends through traditional or electronic platforms
Daily Household Support
- Preparing and serving meals according to client’s dietary needs
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use
- Assistance with tidying the client’s room and living area
- Supporting hygiene by helping with washing clothes and bed linens
- Assistance with transportation, accompanying the client to appointments, etc.
- Shopping and performing other household errands
Our goal is to provide professional, reliable, and consistent care to the families we serve. We strive to create a great fit between our caregivers and our clients, and we ask that our clients have high expectations and never settle.
We are committed to providing professional, reliable, and consistent care to the families we serve. Our team is here to help and support you in creating a complete in-home care solution that meets your loved one’s care needs and exceeds your expectations. If you’re looking for specialized ALS care at home, please do not hesitate to contact us.