Parkinson’s Care at Home
Assistance Home Care is the trusted home care provider for Parkinson’s. Caring for an aging loved one with Parkinson’s at home can be a heart-wrenching experience for family caregivers. Particularly, the progressive nature of Parkinson’s can cause difficulty in performing even the simplest of tasks, leading to a loss of independence at home. Moreover, many family caregivers also need support, and full-time home care can provide both respite and relief. Since being a family caregiver can be both rewarding and taxing, it’s important to know that home care can give you time to rest and recharge. Home Care services help family caregivers to avoid burnout and maintain their own well-being, allowing families to continue to provide the best possible care for their loved one.
Home Care Services for Parkinson’s disease
Full-time home care can provide the support and assistance that both you and your loved one need during this difficult time. Caregivers can assist with daily activities that your loved one is dependant on or needs support with. Generally, our caregivers also help with meal preparation, medication reminders, and even transportation to appointments. Our services help support one’s wishes to continue to live in the comfort of their own home, with familiar surroundings and loved ones.
Additionally, full-time home care offers more than just physical assistance, it also offers emotional support and companionship. While living with Parkinson’s can be isolating, home care supports with meaningful activities that keeps one’s mind and body stimulated. our company works with you to create a customized care plan that meets the unique needs of your loved one, and helps to maintain their independence and quality of life at home.
- Hands on assistance with ambulation to prevent falls
- Safe utilization of assistive devices like walkers, canes, sara lifts or hoyer lifts
- Assistance with feeding and hydration in accordance with dietary regimens
- Providing hygiene assistance and incontinence care
- Preserving one’s self-image by supporting with both dressing and grooming tasks
- Assistance with a safe bathing environment
- Reminder services (medications, dates, appointments, routines, etc.)
Companionship & Meaningful Activities
- Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and emotional support
- Engaging in one’s interests or hobbies to support cognitive and emotional wellbeing
- Encouraging and promoting exercise, therapy regiments and tracking progress towards care plan goals
- Connecting clients to family and friends through traditional or electronic platforms
Daily Household Support
- Preparing and serving meals according to client’s dietary needs
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use
- Assistance with tidying the client’s room and living area
- Supporting hygiene by helping with washing clothes and bed linens
- Regular quality assurance home visits
- Assistance with transportation, accompanying the client to appointments, etc.
- Shopping and performing other household errands
Parkinson’s Resources For Families on The Web
- American Parkinson Disease Association – The St. Louis American Parkinson Disease Association Information Center is located in Chesterfield, Mo and is a great resource for families impacted by Parkinson’s Disease including support groups and resources for exercise classes designed for individuals living with PD. Assistance Home Care is a proud promoter & supporter of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association and actively supports the mission of the APDA!
- 10 Signs that Your Parent Might Have Parkinson’s Disease – The National Parkinson Foundation offers this checklist to help decipher whether or not a loved one might be exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research – Dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s today.
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation – The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is a leading national presence in Parkinson’s disease research, education and public advocacy.