Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care at Home
Assistance Home Care exists today because our family was impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease and understands firsthand the challenges that families and caregivers face when providing care for a loved one with Alzheimer’s Disease or related Dementias.
When you connect with local care management team, you will find that they are certified as a Certified Dementia Specialist and have been trained in the CARES Training Methodology established by the Alzheimer’s Association.
Our co-founders are committed to achieving the highest level of Dementia training available from the Alzheimer’s Association to ensure your loved one is supported with the best dementia care techniques and skills in the industry.
Our Proven Process for Memory Care at Home:
- Starts by hiring and retaining Care Professionals committed to client care goals and bringing a positive mindset each and every day
- Promotes a high level of continued education, training and support for our Care Professionals as well as family member education
- Provides continued oversight through quality assurance and support home visits by members of local care management and training team
- Highlights our commitment to a consistent team of Care Professionals for our clients
- Supports clear and open communication between client families, Care Professionals and office staff to share best practices and client care updates
Assistance Home Care is proud be involved with its local Alzheimer’s Association chapter and Memory Care Home Solutions. These trusted organizations are frequently recommended to our clients’ families and often complement our in home care services with their wealth of resources and programs available.
- Hands on assistance with ambulation to prevent falls
- Safe utilization of assistive devices like walkers, canes, sara lifts or hoyer lifts
- Assistance with feeding and hydration in accordance with dietary regiments
- Providing hygiene assistance and incontinence care
- Preserving one’s self-image by supporting with both dressing and grooming tasks
- Assistance with a safe bathing environment
- Reminder services (medications, dates, appointments, routines, etc.)
Companionship & Meaningful Activities
- Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and emotional support
- Engaging in one’s interests or hobbies to support cognitive and emotional wellbeing
- Encouraging and promoting exercise, therapy regiments and tracking progress towards care plan goals
- Connecting clients to family and friends through traditional or electronic platforms
Daily Household Support
- Preparing and serving meals according to client’s dietary needs
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use
- Assistance with tidying the client’s room and living area
- Supporting hygiene by helping with washing clothes and bed linens
- Assistance with transportation, accompanying the client to appointments, etc.
- Shopping and performing other household errands