Multiple Sclerosis Care at Home
St. Louis & Chicago’s Trusted MS Home Care Specialists
At Assistance Home Care, we understand the challenges that come with living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). MS is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects the neurological system and is typically diagnosed in young to middle adulthood. It can be challenging to navigate the daily tasks of living and maintaining a sense of normalcy. Our team is here to help you and your loved one every step of the way, offering compassionate and personalized care to meet your unique needs.
Assistance Home Care supports the St. Louis Gateway Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society by participating in fundraising events, connecting families with support resources, and providing specialized in-home care services for individuals with MS. By working closely with the MS Society, we aim to help individuals affected by MS and their families and make a tangible impact in the lives of those affected by this debilitating disease.
We specialize in providing home care services for individuals with MS, and are dedicated to educating and supporting families in the care of their loved ones with MS. We help create customized care plans and schedules that meet the unique needs of our clients and exceed their expectations, providing specialized care for each client’s diagnosis with routine quality assurance visits. Our caregivers are trained and skilled to assist with safe transfers, incorporate exercise into our visits, and support the daily activities of living such as toileting, bathing, and dressing. Our trained team of professionals also educate families on MS care at home through our Training Team who have over 40 years of combined experience assisting individuals with Movement Disorders and two dedicated Caregiver Training Labs.
Personal Care & Mobility Assistance
- Hands on assistance with ambulation to prevent falls
- Safe utilization of assistive devices like walkers, canes, sara lifts or hoyer lifts
- Assistance with feeding and hydration in accordance with dietary regiments
- Providing hygiene assistance and incontinence care
- Preserving one’s self-image by supporting with both dressing and grooming tasks
- Assistance with a safe bathing environment
- Reminder services (medications, dates, appointments, routines, etc.)
Companionship & Meaningful Activities
- Providing socialization, friendship, conversation and emotional support
- Engaging in one’s interests or hobbies to support cognitive and emotional wellbeing
- Encouraging and promoting exercise, therapy regiments and tracking progress towards care plan goals
- Connecting clients to family and friends through traditional or electronic platforms
Daily Household Support
- Preparing and serving meals according to client’s dietary needs
- Cleaning the bathroom and kitchen after use
- Assistance with tidying the client’s room and living area
- Supporting hygiene by helping with washing clothes and bed linens
- Assistance with transportation, accompanying the client to appointments, etc.
- Shopping and performing other household errands
Home care services are not only beneficial for individuals with MS but also provides peace of mind to families knowing their loved one is getting the necessary assistance in their home environment. In summary, In-home care services can assist individuals with MS in performing daily activities, provide emotional support, promote physical exercise, assist with transportation and errands and provide overall support for them to stay at home and improve their quality of life.
Let us assist you and your loved one establish a complete in-home care solution to meet your care needs and exceed your expectations.